WHY IS STEAM EDUCATION IMPORTANT?
STEAM Education allows children to explore the world around them in a new and interesting way. Early introduction to STEAM subjects plays a fundamental role in setting the foundation for future learning, beyond what they learn in school.
- Spark a lifelong passion or even an early career interest in a STEAM field.
- Foster their curiosity, creativity and how they interpret the world around them.
- Learn while having fun, with hands-on, high quality activities.
- Develops interest in concepts with real word applications in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math.
When they make an arm cast, they’re actually being introduced to bio engineering and medicine. When they filter water through a coffee strainer, it’s a look into the world of environmental science. Or when they’re playing with Lego robots, they’re actually being exposed to one of the fastest growing and in demand fields!
Perhaps the most important benefit of STEAM? Children are developing critical skills while having fun! (Or should we say FUN-damental skills). They are learning a multitude of skills they will take with them throughout life’s journey including:
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Creative problem solving skills
- Perseverance and grit
- Independence and confidence
- Social skills by working with peers and having fun